Table Of Content
- Your Information Is Your Own
- What Information does Ivacy VPN Require?
- How is Collected Information Used?
- Collection of Reports & Statistics
- Collection Of Data From Correspondences
- Age Restrictions And Consent
- Legal Basis For The Collection Of Personal Information
- International Transmission Of Data
- Ivacy And Third-Party Websites
- What If An Authority Requests For Information About A Customer?
- Is My Information Secure With Ivacy?
- Data Protection Rights
- How Are DMCA Notices Dealt With?
- Does Ivacy Offer P2P Optimized Servers?
- Payment Systems And Individual User Accounts
- What Encryption Algorithm Is Used?
- Important Note
- Contact Information
Your Information Is Your Own
We strictly do not log or monitor, online browsing activities, connection logs, VPN IPs assigned, original IP addresses, browsing history, outgoing traffic, connection times, data you have accessed and/or DNS queries generated by your end. We have no information that could associate specific activities to specific users.
Ivacy assures its users of collecting minimal data. Data collected is to keep Ivacy running smoothly and to make our services better. We do not keep any personal and sensitive user information. By design, Ivacy VPN has no sensitive data to share, even when legally bound to do so.
Note: Ivacy needs certain data to assist users in need of a dedicated IP. The information required is not sensitive, but it is required to be kept on file for troubleshooting, if a problem arises.
What Information does Ivacy VPN Require?
During the signup process, the following information is required:
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Payment Method
How is Collected Information Used?
The collected information assists Ivacy in the following ways:
- Your Name and Payment Method aids in the account creation process.
- Your Email Address aids allows us to contact you with discounts, surveys and offers. But you can opt of promotional emails at any time from the members area.
- Your Email Address is needed to resend username and password in case you forget or lose them.
- Your Email Address is needed to respond to generated tickets.
- Your Email Address allows us to keep you up-to-date about the latest developments.
Note: Information pertaining to inactive customers is removed after every 12 months.
Collection of Reports & Statistics
Ivacy collects minimal reports and statistics required for quality customer support and services rendered.
The data collected does not contain any identifiable information or user data like DNS requests, traffic details or IP addresses. The only thing known are the countries where users are originating from, which once again has no information of value.
We monitor crash reports and conduct diagnostics to evaluate our software to provide smooth functionality of our extensions, client software and apps, with information like:
- Events occured
- Performance data
- Failed connection attempts
- Application usage
- Aggregated bandwidth usage
For this purpose, we employ a few key tools, which are as follows:
Collection Of Data From Correspondences
To ensure outstanding customer support and quick delivery of service, we do keep a record of all our correspondences. This includes a record of complaints, questions and compliments submitted via our website, extensions or apps.
For this purpose, we utilize third-party platforms for a variety of different purposes, which are as follows:
- Maintain relationships with our users
- Send/receive emails
- Respond via live chat
The third-party platforms in use are as follows:
Age Restrictions And Consent
Ivacy and its services are intended for individuals 18 years old and above. If you think your child has given out personal information without your knowledge, feel free to contact us immediately.
Legal Basis For The Collection Of Personal Information
The legal basis upon which we can collect your personal information depends on the following factors:
- Specific context under which the personal information is collected.
- The Personal information in question.
The only time when personal information is collected is when:
- Personal information is required to enter a contract.
- Information processing does not violate your rights and is in our legitimate interests.
- We collect data with your consent.
International Transmission Of Data
Our service is spread worldwide, your data travels through our global network of servers, which may not be located in your country of residence.
Ivacy relies on a few third party providers to offer the services you need. When transferring information, great care is taken to protect it. We have data protection agreements in place, to ensure the third parties we work with do not misuse any information we might share with them.
You hereby understand and acknowledge that your information will be processed, transferred and perhaps even, stored, to meet our Terms of Service.
Ivacy And Third-Party Websites
Ivacy website contains links to third-party websites. Please understand and realize that Ivacy in no way controls how third-party sites operate, nor can we take any responsibility for them.
What If An Authority Requests For Information About A Customer?
Since we have a zero-log policy, we keep no information of activities carried out by our customers online. We have information users share with us once he/she signs up for our service, like your email address for instance.
Is My Information Secure With Ivacy?
Ivacy does not, under any circumstances, share, sell or rent users’ personal information provided during the registration process. The information provided by users is given utmost care, and would never be used in any way apart from what has been permitted. Ivacy has taken every precautionary measure imaginable to ensure your data remains protected at all times, but there is no system that is 100% foolproof.
Systems in use by Ivacy are designed in such a way, that they can’t be decrypted, nor can anything be obtained, since we keep no logs.
Ivacy respects your internet privacy, and will not misuse your information. This even applies to those instances when a government organization may seize our servers, which would be of little consequence, since we keep no logs on individual users regarding their behavior, website visits or any particular event for that matter.
Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- You are free to update, correct and access the information provided to Ivacy at any given time, from the member’s area.
- You can opt out of marketing emails from Ivacy at any time, from the member’s area. Or, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in Ivacy VPN’s marketing emails.
- You can request the deletion of your personal information, by accessing the Members Area. Do note though, it will take up to 30 days to complete the deletion process. Your email address will be kept on file to avoid creation of fake accounts and duplication, unless you request to have that removed as well.
How Are DMCA Notices Dealt With?
When a user connects with Ivacy, he/she becomes anonymous. We cannot connect specific activities with specific users, since we don’t keep any logs or records at all. However, if a case is forwarded to our legal department, appropriate measures will be taken to address the issue promptly.
Does Ivacy Offer P2P Optimized Servers?
Yes, Ivacy does offer P2P optimized servers, located in the following countries:
Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Costa Rica, Denmark, Germany, Ghana, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Nigeria, Panama, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA and Canada.
Payment Systems And Individual User Accounts
Ivacy utilizes third-party payment processors. These third-party payment processors are evaluated regularly, ensuring our users’ data is not used for any other purpose, except for processing payments.
It is important to note though that the payment data provided rests with the respective payment processors. Those instances where we process data, it is passed on to the processor without keeping any record of it at our end.
What Encryption Algorithm Is Used?
Our network uses an advanced encryption system, which protects a user’s information, making it undecipherable.
We have also given our users the option to switch between protocols, for them to tweak their internet settings as per their needs and requirements. Some protocols are designed to give you better speed, while others offer greater security.