How to Delete Spotify Account?
- What Should You Know Before Deleting Your Spotify Account?
- Subscription Plans on Spotify
- Permanently Delete Your Account on Spotify
- Things to Know Before Deleting Your Spotify Account
- How to Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription?
- How to Listen to Geo-Restricted Songs on Spotify?
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Spotify has become the one-stop destination for all music lovers leaving behind Soundcloud and other platforms. With exceptional features like accessing podcasts, creating playlists, saving favorite music, and more, Spotify has become the top contender among music streaming apps.
Listening to music on Spotify in the background while working, studying, or working out can boost your mood and motivation and affect your productivity. If you think Spotify is messing up with your productivity while working and looking for ways to delete your Spotify account, this is the right place for you.
Here’s how to delete Spotify account:
What Should You Know Before Deleting Your Spotify Account?
- After deleting your Spotify account, you won’t be able to access your playlists and will lose your followers forever.
- If you used the student account to sign up, you wouldn’t be able to apply the same discount code to another Spotify account for a year.
- You’ll lose your username forever upon deleting your Spotify account.
- Moreover, you won’t be able to create a Spotify account with the same username again.
If you have a Spotify Premium membership, you must either cancel it or wait for it to expire before canceling the account. You have seven days to recover your account.
Subscription Plans on Spotify
You may listen to music for free on Spotify, but you must view advertisements between songs. If you want to avoid commercials, listen to music offline, and improve audio quality, you may upgrade to Spotify Premium. There are several plans to pick from depending on your needs:
- You can subscribe to the “Individual” plan for $9.99 per month for a single account.
- If you wish to subscribe to two distinct accounts simultaneously, you may do so with “Duo,” which costs $12.99 per month.
- The “Family” package costs $15.99 per month.
- The monthly fee for the “Student” plan is mere $4.99.
Permanently Delete Your Account on Spotify
If you’re wondering how to delete your Spotify account or how to close a Spotify account, you’re at the right place. Deleting your Spotify account requires a browser. So, it’s important to note that you can only delete your Spotify account using a web browser on your computer or mobile. Users can not delete a Spotify account using the desktop or mobile app. While deleting might seem like the ultimate option, premium users can wait for their subscription to get canceled automatically by not paying for it. If you don’t want to feel it hanging, here’s how you can delete your Spotify account permanently without hassles:
- Log in to your Spotify account on your web browser.
- Click on your name or profile in the top right corner and click on Support.
- From the new window that opens up, click on Account Help.
- From the Account Help menu, navigate to Account Settings, then click on Closing your account.
- From the Closing your account menu, click on Close your account.
- You will be asked if you want to close your account on the next page. Tap on Close account.
- You will be shown your account details for confirmation on the next screen. Confirm the details and click on Continue.
- Now, you will be given a prompt telling you what will happen if you close your account. Tick I understand and click on Continue.
- You will now receive a link to your email address or phone number. Click on the link in your phone number or email address, and your account will be closed!
Things to Know Before Deleting Your Spotify Account
- Spotify’s smartphone apps do not allow you to deactivate your account.
- Only the web version of Spotify allows you to deactivate your account.
- If you have a Spotify Premium membership, you must cancel it before canceling your Spotify account.
- If you have a student discount, you will be unable to use it for a year after canceling your account if you return to Spotify.
- When you delete your Spotify account, your login is gone forever. You will not be able to claim it if you return to Spotify.
- All of your stored playlists will be deleted. You will also lose all of your followers.
How to Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription?
While you always have the option to cancel your Spotify premium subscription by not paying your monthly or yearly subscription fee, it’s always better to do it correctly. Spotify premium users can easily cancel their Spotify subscription by following the simple steps below:
- Log in to your Spotify account and navigate to Account settings.
- Scroll down to find Your Plan section from the Account Overview section.
- Click on Change Plan
- Now click on Cancel Premium and confirm unsubscribing your Spotify account.
- You will still be able to access your Spotify benefits till the last day of your billing cycle.
How to Listen to Geo-Restricted Songs on Spotify?
Despite being available to everyone worldwide, Spotify still imposes restrictions on its content due to copyright issues like every other streaming platform. Moreover, Spotify uses various technologies to smoothen content streaming on unreliable networks, which means not every VPN can help you bypass geo-restrictions on Spotify.
Keeping all of these things in mind, we recommend using Ivacy VPN as it offers fast and reliable VPN services with its user-friendly app interface.
Here’s what you need to do to listen to geo-restricted songs on Spotify:
- First, search for and like the geo-restricted song you want to play on Spotify and close the app.
- Head to Ivacy VPN’s official website and subscribe to the service.
- Download and install the Ivacy VPN app on your device.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your installation.
- Choose a location your chosen song is available.
- Now, tap on Connect icon and launch your Spotify app.
- Head to Liked songs on your Spotify account and enjoy free music whenever you want!
To summarize, canceling your Spotify account and membership is simple, especially if you have performed the procedures correctly. Finally, the decision between the two possibilities depends on whether or not you want to use the app. If you think you might use it, cancel your subscription first and then consider terminating your account. You can use many services for free and listen to your favorite music and podcasts this way.
However, you must use a premium VPN service like Ivacy VPN to get access to restricted songs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In which countries is Spotify currently banned?
Spotify is currently banned in countries like China, Iran, and Russia, which means that if you are within these regions, you might not be able to access your playlists or liked songs on Spotify no matter what unless, of course, you use a premium VPN service like Ivacy VPN.
How to Delete Spotify Account without a Phone Number?
If you don’t have access to your phone number, you can easily delete your Spotify account by using the email address you used to register for the service. Doing so will send you a link to your email address that can be used to delete your Spotify account permanently without a phone number.