How to Delete TikTok Account Permanently?
TikTok, formerly known as Musical.ly, has grown in popularity in recent years, becoming one of the most popular social platforms among people of all ages. Like everything has pros and cons; TikTok is also widely famous for the wrong reasons like privacy concerns and losing attention span. No matter what the reason is, if you are searching for how to delete a TikTok account, the chances are that you already have made up your mind.
However, remember that you will lose access to your TikTok account data unless saved or downloaded by other users. So, before you delete your TikTok account, back up your favorite videos on your phone.
If you are wondering how to delete TikTok account, this article will teach you everything you need to know about permanently deleting your TikTok account.
What Should You Know Before Delete Your TikTok Account?
When you delete your TikTok account, you will lose all of the videos on your TikTok account, including the ones you liked or saved in your TikTok account. Moreover, you will also lose access to all the messages in your inbox.
So, if there is some video you want to save, ensure taking a TikTok account backup first before deleting it permanently.
How Do You Back Up TikTok Data Before Deleting It?
Backing up TikTok data is quite easy for anyone not willing to lose their favorite videos on TikTok. Your TikTok backup includes your activity, information, and app settings.
Here’s how you can back up your TikTok data before deleting your account permanently.
- Open your web browser, navigate TikTok’s official website, and log into your account.
- Now, click on your profile picture at the top-right corner and click on
- Click on Data in the Privacy section to get your TikTok backup ready.
- Select whether you want the data in TXT or JSON format from the Request data tab’s Select file format (the default is TXT). The former is a machine-readable text file, whereas the latter is a human-readable text file. Then, click the Request data
When you request a data backup, TikTok will start processing your request, which could take a few days. You may download the backup from the Download TikTok data page’s Download data tab when the backup is complete. The file will be in ZIP format.
How to Delete your TikTok Account?
After successfully backing up your TikTok data, the next step is to delete your TikTok account. You’re at the right place if you’re wondering how I delete my TikTok account. Here’s how you can delete your TikTok account:
- Open the TikTok app and select the Profile option in the bottom right corner.
- From the screen’s top right corner, tap on the three-lines menu and select Settings and Privacy.
- Tap on Manage Account from the list of options.
- Tap on the last option from the menu, “Delete account.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts and then tap Continue to confirm your choice.
After you’ve deleted your account, the final step in permanently removing TikTok from your phone is to uninstall the app from your phone.
On a Web Browser
Follow the instructions below to remove your TikTok account if you’re using a web browser.
- Log in to your TikTok account using your preferred web browser.
- To access Settings, click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- On the right, under Account Control, click Delete. TikTok will then walk you through the process of deleting your account.
How to Delete All Your TikTok Videos Collectively?
With the app, you can’t delete all of your TikTok videos simultaneously. The steps listed below can help you delete all of your TikTok videos at once.
- Launch the TikTok app on your mobile device.
- In the upper right corner, there will be a profile symbol. Tap it to activate it. Your TikTok videos will be shown there.
- Scroll through the list of videos on your account until you locate the TikTok video you wish to remove. If you want to remove all videos, select all videos one by one.
- On the video icon, there are three dots. Click on the three dots.
- On your screen, a delete button will appear. Select the delete option.
How to Deactivate a TikTok Account?
There is no way to deactivate your account. When you delete your TikTok account, your account is automatically deactivated for 30 days. In those 30 days, you can opt to reopen your account or decide to delete it permanently. Here’s how you can deactivate a TikTok account:
Deactivating a TikTok Account Through the Web
- To access Settings after logging in, place your cursor over your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select “Manage account” from the left sidebar if you aren’t already there.
- Then, under Account management, click the “Delete” option and proceed with the process.
Deactivating a TikTok Account on Mobile App
- Navigate to your profile, then tap the three lines in the upper right corner to access the “Settings and privacy” screen.
- Once there, select Manage account > Delete account.
- The app will ask you why you’re leaving TikTok, and you may choose an answer or bypass the inquiry by pressing the button in the upper right corner.
- After that, you will be prompted to download your data before your account is deleted, and you must confirm at the bottom that you wish to move forward with the deletion.
- You’ll be given 30 days to reactivate your account if you change your mind and a list of everything you’ll lose access to after deleting your account (including access to the films you’ve submitted).
- The “Continue” button will take you to an account verification screen. If you have a standard account, TikTok will send you a code that you must enter, or you will be asked to sign in with the service you used to create your account.
- After verifying your identity, tap the “Delete account” button and confirm your decision to delete your account. The app will refresh and return you to the login screen.
TikTok: Subject of Political Conundrums
TikTok, a website where millions of young Americans perform and explore their identities in public, has emerged as a popular platform for ideological formation, political action, and trolling. It has its commentators, and despite its parent company’s aversion to politics — the site does not accept political advertisements — it has drawn interest from campaigns. Additionally, it serves as a location where people can be quickly gathered and mobilized.
TikTok was key in organizing a major false-registration push before a Trump event in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where many seats were empty. It has magnified evidence of police violence, scenes, and comments from Black Lives Matter rallies worldwide, with films generated and shared on the site frequently extending beyond it. They embody TikTok’s diverse audiovisual vernacular: frequently unsettling, skillfully crafted, arch, and melodic.
TikTok is one of the most famous social media platforms recently. Your data is more susceptible to the number of social media accounts you have. If deleting your TikTok account is not enough, you can always opt for an additional layer of security by getting an Ivacy VPN subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In Which Countries is TikTok Currently Banned?
TikTok is banned in the following countries:
|India||Banned Since June 2020||Data Security Threat|
|Russia||Restricted since Feb 2022||War in Ukraine|
How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Phone Number?
It is impossible to delete a TikTok account if you do not have a phone number. Without the phone number, email address, or password, there would be no way to establish that the account is yours. As a result, TikTok will be unable to deactivate your account.