How To Find Roku IP Address And How We Can Change It
The reasons for changing or identifying your Roku device’s IP address are plenty. One major reason for doing so is to find your Roku device on particular networks, or even for troubleshooting for that matter. No matter the reason, there is no harm in identifying your favorite streaming device’s IP address.
It is important to note that while using Roku it is a good idea to use a VPN. Using a VPN does solve many issues, and allows you to safe and anonymous online.
Find Roku IP Address Safely and Securely
Before you learn about identifying and changing you’re IP addresses on Roku devices, you need to understand that you are vulnerable to cyberattacks. Additionally, you are being monitored at all times. This means you have no privacy whatsoever. Fortunately, this can be prevented with the help of Ivacy VPN.
To find or mask your original IP address for maximum security, true internet freedom and to overcome issues where you can’t locate your Roku on a particular network, here is what you need to do:
- Subscribe to Ivacy VPN.
- Make an Ethernet or wireless connection from your router to your computer.
- Click on Basic Setup > Connection Type > PPTP.
- For ‘Use DHCP’option, click on ‘Yes’.
- Under ‘Gateway (PPTP Server)’, type server name and enter ‘Username’ and‘Password’ in the fields. Enter ‘refuse-eap’ in additional PPTP option field.
- Go to ‘DHCP Server’and select ‘enable’.
- Select ‘Apply Settings’and press the ‘Save’
- Click on menu bar and go to Status > WAN >
- Stream effortlessly on your Roku device henceforth.
What is my Roku IP Address
If you are wondering what the Roku device IP address is all about, there is no need for concern. The IP address is there to serve as a means for the Roku device to communicate over a network using the internet. It is used to identify your Roku device, and give it a unique identity using a string of numbers separated by full stops.
How to Find IP Address for Roku without Remote
You can easily find IP address for your Roku device without a remote. The best part is that you do not have to be tech savvy to make this possible. Follow these steps to get the IP address in a jiffy:
For Roku TV
- Go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Select About.
- You will find what you are looking for next to IP Address.
For Other Roku Devices
- Go to Settings.
- Select About or Player Info.
- The number you are looking for will be next to IP Address.
How to Change Roku IP Address
To change the IP address on you the popular streaming box, you can simply connect to Ivacy VPN. Follow the steps mentioned above, execute the Ivacy VPN app and choose a server from a different region. You can also select a purpose to maximize your overall streaming experience. In both cases, your Roku device will get a new IP address, while the original one will remain hidden. This also means, you will be invisible as long as you are connected, and will never have to worry about being compromised ever again.
Seeing how easy it is to find your IP address, you will find it whenever you want. If you are having a problem with it popping up, even though it is on the same network, you can enter the IP address manually. To do so, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Roku app.
- In the app, select Connect Manually.
- Follow the instructions provided to enter the IP address of the streaming box to make it discoverable again.
Rest assured, you have everything you need in regards to a Roku’s IP address. Enough emphasis cannot be placed on the fact that you will need to install Ivacy VPN in order to change its IP address, as there is no other way to make this possible. At the same time, you will also benefit from the countless features ensuring you get access to all content online, enjoy impenetrable security and overcome speed throttling at the same time.