How to Watch Winter Olympics on Kodi – Updated 2022
- Best Add-on to Watch Winter Olympics on Kodi: iPlayer WWW (official)
- How to Watch Winter Olympics 2022 on Kodi in the USA
- How to Watch 2022 Winter Olympics on Kodi Live in the UK
- How to watch Winter Olympics 2022 on Kodi in Canada?
- Official Addons to Watch Winter Olympics on Kodi
- Addons to Watch Winter Olympics on Kodi for Free
Winter Olympics 2022 is already around the corner and netizens are buzzing about how to watch Winter Olympics on Kodi for free! As you might expect, this event will be highly publicized and streamed live, making it very easy to watch Winter Olympics online via streaming platforms including Kodi.
Kodi is one of the most popular media player software applications available. This is, in part, due to its excellent portability. Kodi can be installed on the most popular devices including Apple TV, Amazon Firestick, and Android. Further, there are minimal differences between platforms. If an addon works on your desktop PC, it will likely work on your phone or tablet too
This blog offers you the ultimate gateway to livestream Winter Olympics on Kodi.
Important: Use a VPN to Watch Winter Olympics On Kodi
Some people connect to virtual private networks (VPNs) to conceal unlicensed Kodi streaming from their internet service provider (ISP). However, VPNs have several legitimate applications and can greatly benefit even those that only stream from official sources.
VPNs encrypt your network traffic, making it unreadable to any outside observers. This prevents most kinds of Man-in-the-Middle attacks and stops your ISP from selling your browsing history to third parties. Additionally, because your ISP can’t see if you’re streaming, they can’t use this to justify throttling your network speeds.
Every VPN will slow your network speeds to some degree but some have a far greater impact than others and make streaming HD content almost impossible. Also, some VPN providers keep detailed logs of your activities. As a result, it’s imperative that you choose a provider that can be trusted to keep you and your personal information safe.
Best Add-on to Watch Winter Olympics on Kodi: iPlayer WWW (official)
- Launch Kodi.
- Go to Add-ons.
- Now go to ‘Downloads’
- Select Video Add-ons.
- Then scroll down to iPlayer WWW.
- Click Install.
- Now go back to the home screen and go to Add-ons.
- Select Video Add-ons.
- Click the iPlayer WWW Kodi Add-on and enjoy watching Winter Olympics On Kodi!
How to Watch Winter Olympics 2022 on Kodi in the USA
In the United States, you can watch the 2022 Winter Olympics live stream on NBC Sports. There’s an official NBCSN Kodi addon which you can find in the official Kodi Add-on repository which is both safe and legal to use. In order to sign in and use this plugin, you need a valid cable subscription.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on NBC Sports Live Extra -> Install.
- Wait until you see the NBC Sports Live Extra Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left-hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including NBCSN, will appear here.
- The first time you launch the NBC Sports Live Extra addon, you will be provided with an activation code that you will need to enter at https://activate.nbcsports.com/
- Once that is done, you can stream Winter Olympics 2022 on Kodi live.
Alternatively, you could download the official NBCSN add-on from here and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
How to Watch 2022 Winter Olympics on Kodi Live in the UK
In the United Kingdom, BBC has exclusive broadcasting rights to the Winter Olympics. That means you can use the iPlayer WWW Kodi plugin to stream the competition live on Kodi. Keep in mind that you will need a UK VPN to appear as a UK resident for this addon to work due to geo-restrictions.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Addons’.
- From there, click on the Package Installer Icon in the top-left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository and then click on ‘Video Addons’.
- Select iPlayer WWW from the list and then select ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘Addon Enabled notification’ and then go back to your Kodi homescreen.
- Click on Addons -> Video Addons -> iPlayer WWW.
- You have successfully installed BBC iPlayer on Kodi.
- Launch the addon and watch the Winter Olympics 2022 live on Kodi.
How to watch Winter Olympics 2022 on Kodi in Canada?
Follow the instructions below to install the CBC Sports addon on Kodi and watch the Winter Olympics 2022 in Canada. Keep in mind that the CBS Sports Kodi plugin is geo-restricted. In other words, you won’t be able to use the addon unless you live in Canada. In case you’re outside Canada, you need to use a Canada VPN in order to bypass these regional restrictions.
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://fusion.tvaddons.co/”.
- Name it ‘Fusion’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi home screen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> Fusion -> begin-here.
- Select plugin.program.indigo-x.x.x.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen and select ‘My Addons’ -> ‘Program Addons’
- Choose Indigo from the list.
- Now, select ‘Addon Installer’ -> ‘Video Addons’ -> ‘C’ -> Click on ‘CBC Sports’ -> Install.
- Finally, click on ‘Restart’.
- Relaunch the Kodi app and go to ‘Video Addons’.
- Select CBC Sports.
Official Addons to Watch Winter Olympics on Kodi
Because the Winter Olympics are such a high-profile event, they’re covered extensively on TV. This actually makes it relatively easy to watch on Kodi as many of the larger networks have official Kodi addons that allow you to watch live. Below, we’ll list the official addons that provide high-quality, live coverage of the 2022 Winter Olympics.
NBC Sports Live Extra
NBC Sports Live Extra is an addon that allows you to watch Winter Olympics on Kodi. Selected highlights can be viewed for free, but for live events, you’ll have to sign in with your cable service credentials. Despite the number of NBC Sports Gold packages available, there currently isn’t one dedicated to the Winter Olympics. Also, this addon’s content can only be accessed from an American IP address.
The NBC Sports Live Extra addon can be found in the official Kodi addon repository.
Eurosport Player is the easiest way for British viewers to watch the 2022 Winter Olympics on Kodi. A Eurosport account is required and there’s no free content available, however once logged in, you’ll be able to watch all live and on-demand streams.
The Eurosport Player addon can be found in the SuperRepo repository.
CBC is Canada’s public broadcaster and the one responsible for showing this year’s Winter Olympics. It’s free to watch within Canada, although you will require a Canadian IP address to do so from elsewhere in the world. Canadians abroad at the time of airing can connect to one of their VPN’s Canadian servers to watch Winter Olympics on Kodi live from wherever they are in the world.
you’ll have to sign in with your cable service credentials. Also, this addon’s content can only be accessed from with an American IP address. there’s no free content available
Addons to Watch Winter Olympics on Kodi for Free
- Project Mayhem
- Halow Live TV
- Live Mix
Because of the TV broadcaster’s huge emphasis on internet streaming platforms, live streaming Winter Olympics on Kodi is easier than ever before. However, there is still time for the event to start and in the meanwhile, you’ll probably also want to make sure Kodi is working properly.