How to Watch US Open Tennis on Kodi for Free Live?
The US Open Tennis Championship is just around the corner, and tennis fans worldwide are trying their best to fly to the USTA Billy Jean King National Tennis Center to watch it live! Even though that’s the best way to watch a match, not everyone can manage game flights; this is where Ivacy VPN comes to your rescue.
There are several ways to watch the games live online. However, you know what’s even better than watching it live with great food and better friends? Getting to watch it for free – without paying for a TV channel or online service subscriptions.
The US Open’s second Grand Slam of the year will commence on Aug 29th and conclude on Sep 11th. In this blog, we’ve put together a guide to watching US Open on Kodi for free and will be talking about the best ways to do just that.
Updated 26 Sep 2023: This blog has been updated to reflect additional changes in the article. It now also tells readers about the Kodi add-ons worth using for streaming the US Open on Kodi.
Livestream US Open on Kodi for Free from Anywhere
A lot of Tennis fans are looking forward to this sporting event. However, for Kodi users, the event is aired on selected add-ons accessible in specific countries. Kodi users residing outside these countries may not be able to watch the event live.
But there’s a way around it in a VPN. Yes, you read it right; Ivacy VPN allows you to unblock region-locked channels and catch all the action live.
If you own a Kodi device, you can watch the sporting event live by following these simple steps:
- Subscribe to Ivacy VPN
- Configure Ivacy VPN on Kodi
- Setup SportsDevil Addon from Magnet repository (Complete guide provided below).
- Change location to the UK or US.
- Enjoy live streaming US Open on Kodi.
How to Watch US Open on Kodi Free?
There are three add-ons that you can install to watch the US Open 2021 on Kodi for free unofficially. They are listed in the following:
The first add-on we will be talking about is the Mad Titan Sports add-on. This add-on is available on Magnetic Repository.
Here we have created a step-by-step guide for all of the add-ons.
Watch US Open on Mad Titan Sports via Team Crew
Follow the steps given below to set up Mad Titan Sports on your Kodi device using Team Crew:
- Access Kodi > Settings > File Manager
- Select Add Source > None
- Enter the following link: “http://magnetic.website/repo/“
- Select OK
- Name your media source as “Mad Titan Sports.“
- Select OK
- Return to the Home Screen
- Select Add ons > Browser > Install from zip file
- Select Mad Titan Sports > respository.Magnetic-1.1.0.zip
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Magnetic Repository > Video Add-ons Mad Titan Sports > Install
- Select OK
- Wait for the Add-on installation to complete
Note: Be sure to turn on Ivacy VPN and select the US or UK region.
Watch US Open with NBC Sports
Moving onwards, if the SportsDevil add-on doesn’t work for you, don’t panic just yet; you have two more add-ons to try. Let’s take a look at the NBC Sports add-on.
To watch US Open with Eurosport player for free on Kodi, follow the steps detailed below:
- Launch Kodi and head to ‘Add-ons.’
- Click the Package Installer Icon.
- Click ‘Install from Repository’> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click NBC Sports Live Extra > Install.
- Wait for the “Add-on Enabled” notification.
- Return to the home screen and go to add-ons.
- Select Video Add-ons.
- All installed video add-ons appear here.
The first time you launch the NBC Sports Live Extra add-on, you will be provided an activation code that you must enter at https://activate.nbcsports.com/
Watch US Open with Fox Sports Go
Want to try yet another add-on? Let’s go over how to install Fox Sports Go and use it to watch the US Open live stream with Kodi for free!
- Launch Kodi and head over to add-ons
- Select the package installer icon from the top left corner of your screen
- Next, select ‘install from repository.’
- From the menu that opens, select video add-ons
- Now, find Fox Sports Go add-on and select that
- Select ‘ok’ when on the pop-up screen displaying the resources that will be installed
- Once you’ve done that, wait for the add-on to be installed.
- Now, from the home screen, select add-ons
- Then, select video add-ons
- And now pick Fox Sports Go
- When you’re asked to enter an activation code, get it from www.foxsportsgo.com/activate and enter it in the dialogue box.
- Enjoy US Open live stream from Kodi for free
Sports Add-ons for Watching the US Open on Kodi
Users may turn to the following sports streaming add-ons to watch the US Open on Kodi:
The ESPN+ Kodi add-on enables users to access content available on ESPN+, which includes a variety of sports, including tennis. Thus, this makes for a valuable add-on for watching the US Open on Kodi.
Similar to ESPN+, Paramount+ (formerly CBS All Access) is a streaming service that provides access to live tennis events, which includes the US Open on Kodi as well. Not only that, but it is also home to a variety of exciting movies and TV shows, should one ever get bored of watching sports on Kodi.
As the name suggests as well, the Tennis Channel is a dedicated sports channel for tennis enthusiasts. One may blindly turn to it to watch the US Open on Kodi from anywhere. However, since this is a third-party add-on on Kodi, one must be cautious about using it. The safest way to use this add-on on Kodi, and several others as well, is to connect via Ivacy VPN. It will keep a person safe and secure while they enjoy streaming the US Open on Kodi.
The United States Tennis Association (USTA) is the governing body for tennis in the United States. Fortunately, they have a Kodi add-on as well. However, this is a third-party add-on, and one must be careful when using it. People can use this add-on to watch the US Open on Kodi when the event goes live.
Now that you know what needs to be done, what are you waiting for? Make the most of this information to watch the US Open live, that too without paying a dime in the process.