How To Get Started With The Latest Kodi Version
- Factors To Consider When Updating To Latest Kodi Version
- Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Android
- Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Windows And Mac
- Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Amazon Fire Stick
- Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Apple TV, iPhone, And iPad
- What Are The New Features In Kodi Leia Version 18?
- To Wrap Up And How A VPN Can Help?
If you have been on the latest version of Kodi, then this article bears glad tidings. The latest Kodi version Leia 18 is finally out with a stable release. While before this, version 16 Jarvis and 17.6 Krypton had great runs but as with everything, the show must go on.
Since add-ons and file hosts are automatically updating dependencies, the old version is failing to support them. So if you have been meaning to update to the latest version, here’s how you can do it.
Factors To Consider When Updating To Latest Kodi Version
In order for the best experience when updating to latest Kodi version, it is better to adhere to these guidelines.
- Switch back to the Confluence skin which is the default for Jarvis or Estuary, and default for Krypton. It is safer that way because if a particular skin is not supported by the latest version, you’ll likely get a black screen and will have to carry out a fresh installation of the software.
- Refrain from installing the same build on Kodi 18 as you have on Kodi 17 or the version prior to that, because similar to skins, builds aren’t backward compatible either.
- Also, try backing up Kodi before you proceed with the update, in case something goes awry.
- Kodi Leia does not support Android 4.4 so if you have the said version, you cannot update to version 18.
Below is a list of devices that can be updated to the latest Kodi Version.
Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Android
Here’s how you can update to the latest version of Kodi on your Android devices:
- On the main menu of your Android, click and access Google Play Store
- Search Kodi by typing in the search bar
- Choose Kodi. The latest Kodi software will be displayed therein with the version description.
- Click to install it. Wait for the installation to complete.
There you go! You have the Kodi Leia installed on your Android device.
Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Windows And Mac
Here’s how you can update Kodi:
- Visit the official Kodi website
- In the upper right corner, choose Download
- Select your desired operating system; Windows, Mac or Linux
- In the following window, under the Recommended tab choose Installer for the said operating system
- Once the installer has downloaded. Launch the installer to install Kodi version 18.
Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Amazon Fire Stick
You can get started in the following steps:
- On your Fire Stick, go to Settings> System> Developer Options
- Make sure to turn on apps from Unknown Sources
- Head back to the main menu and look for ES File Explorer
- If not already installed, download and install it on your device
- After launching ES File Explorer, choose Favorites
- Select Add
- In the field which says “path source” type in https://kodi.tv/download
- Name it “Kodi”
- Scroll down on the left, choose Kodi and you will be taken to the Kodi download page
- Since Fire Stick uses Android OS, in the next step choose Android from the list
- On the page go to the Recommended tab and click on ARMV7A (32 bit) button to begin downloading and installing software.
You have successfully installed the latest version on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Update To The Latest Kodi Version On Apple TV, iPhone, And iPad
In order to update Kodi on your iOS devices, follow these steps:
- On your Mac or PC, you will have to download the latest Kodi installer from their official download page
- Choose iOS icon as your OS
- Next, under the Recommended tab select DEB FILE for ARM or ARM64 that will depend on your device
- Click on the iDevice button
- Follow the onscreen instructions to conclude installation for the latest Kodi version
And you’re good to go!
What Are The New Features In Kodi Leia Version 18?
Following is a list of new features which come bundled in the latest Kodi version:
- Music library can read metadata which enables organizing of music easier
- Increased support for remote controls and game controllers
- Support for retro games such as for SEGA and Atari
- Support for recording live television with a TV tuner and over-the-air antenna
- A skinning engine for creating distinctive Kodi skins
- Speech-to-text support on Android for movies and TV shows
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) makes compatibility easier with Kodi
- A newer version for Xbox One
To Wrap Up And How A VPN Can Help?
That’s all she wrote.
But if you are looking to play content on Kodi which is geo-restricted, you need a VPN to bypass the limitations. This enables you to access content effortlessly. Furthermore, you are able to safeguard yourself against unwanted speed throttling by ISP. Therefore, bid farewell to slower streaming, and instead welcome faster speeds.