Kodi is a massively popular open-source media player that allows you to watch any and all content available online. It is designed to look good on the big screen, and is equally effective on smaller screens.
Seeing how Kodi is open-source, there are those that will want to install different addons to enhance their overall experience. This should explain why some people will want to install Elysium on Kodi. Seeing how it is a third party addon, and is not exactly supported by the Kodi team, it would be a good idea to use a VPN, this way you will remain secure and anonymous through and through.
Requirements for Elysium on Kodi
Before you actually go ahead with installing Elysium, it is important for you to note that you will need a VPN to ensure you remain safe and secure online. The internet is insecure, and it is constantly being monitored by third party agencies, looking for ways to get their hands on your private and confidential information.
How a VPN, like Ivacy VPN, helps is that it allows you to connect to different servers across the globe, thus masking your original IP address. This means your internet traffic is protected and can’t be locked to one location in particular. With 256-bit military grade encryption, your internet traffic is protected and you will remain anonymous at all times. Additionally, with other handy features will Internet Kill Switch and Smart DNS protection, there is no way your privacy will be at stake ever again.
That being said, to get Ivacy VPN on Kodi with OpenELEC, here is what you need to do:
- Subscribe to Ivacy VPN.
- Navigate to “System” and t Click “File Manager”.
- Select “Add Source” from the window on the left hand side of the screen.
- Double-click the text box.
- Type http://www.ivacy.com/kodiaddon and click “Done”.
- In the text box, rename the media source to “kodiaddon”.
- Click “Ok” to add Ivacy to Kodi’s repository.
- Navigate to “System” and click “Settings”.
- Under “Settings” on the window located on the left hand side of the screen, click “Add-ons”.
- Select “Install from the zip file”.
- Now select the source you previously added. Select the “kodiaddon” folder.
- Click on the repository’s zip file for Ivacy.
- Your addon is now ready to be installed.
- Navigate to “System” and select “Settings”.
- Select “Add-ons” tab from the left hand side section of the screen.
- Select “Install from repository”.
- Select the “Ivacy repo” that was previously added in Ivacy’s repository.
- After you have selected “Ivacy repo”, a new window will pop up. Select “Service” and then in the next window, select “Ivacy Monitor OpenVPN”.
- In this menu, click “Install” to install IvacyAddon for Kodi.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed Ivacy VPN addon for Kodi.
For devices running iOS, macOS, Android and/or Windows, here is what you need to get Ivacy VPN on Kodi:
The process is fairly simple, and involves downloading and installing the Ivacy VPN app from either iTunes or the Play Store. Once that is taken care of, ensure Ivacy is running in the background while you use Kodi.
Note: For additional details regarding setting up Ivacy on Kodi, click here.
How to Download and Install Elysium on Kodi
Now that you have Ivacy on Kodi, you will obviously want to get to the part where you can finally download and install the Elysium Kodi addon. Without further ado, here is what you need to do to make this possible:
- Access “Kodi”.
- Select “System” and then the “File Manager”.
- Select “Add Source”.
- Select “None”.
- Type the following as it is: “http://noobsandnerds.com/portal”and select “Done”.
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media source. Type “Portal”and Select “OK”.
- Go back to the “Home Screen”.
- Select Add-Ons.
- Select Install from zip file.
- Select noobsandnerds Repo (x.x).zip.
- Wait for the Add-on enabledmessage notification.
- Select Install from Repository.
- Select noobsandnerds Repository.
- Select Video add-ons.
- Wait for the Add-on enabledmessage notification
- Elysium is now installed.
Note: The Elysium Kodi addon can be accessed by accessing VIDEOS > Add-Ons > Elysium from the home screen.
Now that you know what needs to be done in regards to getting Elysium Kodi, what are you waiting for? Feel free to install the addon today for unlimited TV shows and movies. At the same time, do not forget to take advantage of Ivacy VPN for an unrestricted and safe streaming experience.