5 Best Mac Torrent Clients for 2019
The inception of torrents has made downloading over the internet incredibly easy. All it requires is the best Mac torrent clients and an internet connection, of course. These top Mac torrent clients will allow you to download any file absolutely free of cost; the internet bill though should be your only concern.
In this blog, we share the 5 best Mac torrent clients out there.
Top 5 Torrent downloaders for Mac
Before jumping to the top Mac torrents list, here’s a little information about what torrents are and how they work.
A torrent is a file used to download content. A typical torrent file is a torrent extension comprising of tracker and informative files denoting that specific torrent file. Torrent operates over P2P (peer-to-peer) file sharing protocols which connects you to remote peers on the web for file sharing and to download content.
Mac Torrent Client #1: qBittorrent
How to use qBittorrent on Mac
- From the File tab add a torrent file from your hard drive or enable search engine from View tab.
- Enter a keyword and download any torrent file you want to (choose file and click download).
- Go to transfer tab to see the progress of your download.
Mac Torrent Client #2: Deluge
Deluge has been around for quite some time, and it is as simple and powerful as it gets. The credit for its effectiveness goes to the extendable plug-ins available for use, which allows you to build a custom version of Deluge based on your own needs and requirements.
How to use Deluge on Mac
- Head to the downloaded torrent file. This is in the Downloads folder as a default.
- Double-click it to launch it in Deluge.
- Manage the torrent.
- Choose your file location.
- Click on Add to finalize your download locations.
- Start the download.
Mac Torrent Client #3: Transmission
Transmission is a favourite for many because it doesn’t stuff your screen with bundled toolbars, invasive ads or greyed-out features that you need to pay to access.
How to use Transmission on Mac
- Right click on the downloaded torrent file and click open with Transmission
- A pop-up will open, click the add button
- Your downloading would start on
Mac Torrent Client #4: Folx
Folx, a top Mac torrent app, presents convenient ways of downloading torrent files. You have greater control over your downloads by setting priority, regulating download and upload speeds, and tag downloads for quick search through the content.
How to use Folx on Mac
You can add downloads to Folx in 3 ways
- Quick add
- New task window
- Browser integration
Mac Torrent Client #5: uTorrent
uTorrent for Mac allows you to search for a torrent file from the app itself and also set priorities to your downloads. The app is a lightweight app and the installer is small in size. uTorrent can also serve as a portable downloader if saved to a USB stick.
How to use uTorrent on Mac
- Download µtorrent at www.utorrent.com/.
- Open µtorrent by double-clicking on the icon.
- Visit the Torrent site you trust and search for the torrent you want.
- Look at the list of Torrents available.
- Download the Torrent.
- Wait for the Torrent to download completely.
So this was our list of the best Mac torrent clients out there. Do let us know if we have missed out on any with your valuable suggestion in the comments section. Remember, you will need to use Ivacy VPN whenever you torrent to avoid getting a DMCA notice.